As Door County business owners, community leaders, and residents committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive Door County, you might be interested in an upcoming workshop being offered in Door County next April. The Bystander/Upstander Workshop empowers participants to safely and effectively respond and intervene in situations of harassment and discrimination – wherever they may happen in our community.
Presented by Fit Oshkosh, Inc., a nationally recognized racial literacy non-profit, workshop participants will engage with real-life scenarios specifically customized for Door County to enable them to effectively identify and challenge negative narratives and behaviors.
At the conclusion of this highly interactive training, participants will be able to
● Recognize acts of discrimination and
● Understand the “bystander effect” and the barriers to taking action;
● Identify personal conflict styles;
● Consider safety in all intervention strategies;
● Invite others into challenging conversations;
● Utilize a repertoire of safe & effective interventions in various settings to reduce risk of harm;
● Mobilize additional resources to enhance a culture of safety and authentic welcome within their business, organization, school, and community.
This workshop is co-sponsored by the Door County Civility Project, HELP of Door County, Inc., Hope United Church of Christ, JUST Door County, Inc., PFLAG Door County, and the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Door County, with a contribution from the Door County Medical Center.
Date: Tuesday, April 30. 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Place: Donald and Carol Kress Pavilion
7845 Church Street – Egg Harbor
Registration is limited to 30 participants. Early registration is strongly encouraged. A light lunch is included.
Registration before April 1 – $20.00
After April 1st – $25.00
*** Register at http://www.doorcountycivilityproject.org/civilityworkshops.html or call 920-746-1786. For more information, email email@example.com.
Kathleen D. Toerpe
JUST Door County, Inc.
Welcome! You Belong Here!
Learn more about JUST Door County, Inc.at https://mailchi.mp/d63eca20a58b/welcome-to-just-door-county-inc and at https://www.facebook.com/JUSTDoorCounty/